To start off True Flours first ever blog post I just wanted to start from the beginning and share our story. When, why and how my husband and I became vegan and what our life looks like now.
Here’s the bullet-point version:
- Preston was living in Berkeley, CA in 2012 ( A veryy vegan friendly community)
- He watched Forks over Knives on Neflix and got the facts on the amazing health benefits of a plant based lifestyle (Go watch it, it will blow your mind)
- Preston made a 9X13 inch Vegan Lasagna from Forks over Knives website. It was delicious and he ate it all week and never ate meat again.
- I however was not about it and kept eating my meat and animal products. (Even though I was never a big meat eater, I still thought he was crazy.)
- Flash forward about a year later after being around Preston and seeing we were still able to go out to dinner, he still ate yummy food and he looked and felt incredible. I became vegan too.
- Now our vegan journey as a couple began and we were always on the hunt for cool vegan restaurants, shops and BAKERIES. (I always loved to bake)
- We both started experimenting in the kitchen and making bomb ass dinners and I of course started to figure out how to bake vegan. (It was a challenge but with research and practice I figured it out pretty quick)
- Now it’s 2016, we’re engaged and I decide to quit my 9-5 job and start my vegan baking company and TRUE FLOUR was born 🙂
The Infamous Lasagna!
So that’s the back story about HOW we became vegan and in my next posts I will go through each of the reasons of WHY we live the plant based lifestyle.
Here are the five whys:
- We feel Great
- We look Great
- We are Saving Animals
- We are helping the Environment
- We have more food options than we could ever imagine